In this roundup, we will be reviewing some of the best free invoice generators available online.
For every small business owner or freelancer, the best part is getting paid for all your hard work. To get paid on time, you have to create and send invoices promptly.
According to research by HubSpot, 27% of small and midsized businesses (SMBs) said they find creating and sending invoices a challenging task. With an endless to-do list, how can you keep track of invoices, payments, and finances?
With over 16 billion e-invoices being produced each year by Europe alone, that might be concerning.
And if you are here, we assume that you are looking for an online invoice generator.
These free invoice generators are designed specifically to assist you with your invoicing needs and send beautiful invoices to your clients for billable work.
What Are the Best Free Invoice Generators in 2022?
1. Zoho Invoice – Best Free Invoice Software
Next in line, we have Zoho Invoice, a free online invoice generator designed to help users with time tracking, customizing invoices, and getting paid online faster. Launched in 2008, Zoho Invoice has come a long way to be among the best free invoice generators in the industry.
With an intuitive interface and powerful integrations, Zoho is unstoppable.
Crammed with features to help with invoices and accepting payments from clients, Zoho is best suited for small to medium businesses.
The software is quite easy to navigate and provides professional-looking invoices that are downloadable. Zoho also sends automated reminders to clients for timely payment.
What makes Zoho an instant winner for Agile teams is its ability to support multiple languages and currencies. Other important features of Zoho are tracking time, monitoring expenses, invoice templates, and collaborating with clients.
Even with all these features, the application is available at fair prices to cater to the needs of all kinds of users.
- The client portal ensures transparency by allowing clients to view estimates, timesheets, and invoices.
- Design invoices by branding them with your logo for a personalized look.
- Supports multiple currencies and languages for smooth cash flow.
- Sign your invoices with your ESIGN to avoid tampering and forgery.
- Powerful integrations with PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.Net, and 2Checkout for quick payment gateways.
- Real-time reports on sales, expenses, and tax summaries to keep you updated with your finances.
Zoho Invoice is the best free invoice generator that offers flexible pricing plans along with add-ons. Not to mention, you get 2-years off if you opt for a yearly subscription.
- Free: free forever, this version offers 5 automated workflows, invoices for up to 5 customers, multi-currency support, expense tracking, SSL encryption, and a customer portal.
- Basic: at $90 per organization/year, this plan includes invoices for up to 50 customers, recurring invoices, Snail mail, and customizable invoice templates.
- Standard: at $190 per organization/year, this plan includes invoices for up to 500 customers, 10 automated workflows, timesheets, time tracking, and Twillio Integration.
- Professional: at $290 per organization/year, this plan includes unlimited invoices, 10 Users, a custom domain, and all features of Standard.
- Add a User: for $20 per year you can add a user to your plan
- Auto Scans: for $50 per year you can add 50 scans to your plan
2. Invoice Ninja – Open Source Invoice Generator
When it comes to the best free invoice generators, Invoice Ninja tops our list. It is a cloud-based invoicing, billing, and payment management software. As the platform is cloud-based, your data can be accessed and synced across multiple platforms and devices.
Invoice Ninja is not just an invoice generator, it also features a basic CRM for inventory and task management.
Invoice Ninja gives users full control of their business by effectively managing invoices and expenses. Users can create professional invoices from scratch or use built-in templates for a head start.
These invoices can be downloaded or printed directly from the platform. Clients can also pay directly from the invoices for a speedy payment system.
But that is not all. Invoice Ninja also has a free, open-source version for local installation and customization. Jam-packed with robust features; it is hands down the best invoice generator you could ask for.
Furthermore, the platform integrates with more than 50 well-known payment gateways including PayPal, Stripe, WePay, WorldPay, and many more.
Jam-packed with all these robust features, with reasonable pricing, Invoice Ninja is the ultimate free invoice generator for you!
- Professional Invoice template designs to help you invoice with style.
- More than 40 payment integration options like PayPal, ACH payments, Bitcoin, and Stripe.
- Stay up-to-date with the app and email notifications when payments are made.
- View all recent client activity, revenue, invoices sent, active clients, and invoice averages from your dashboard.
- Manage Invoice Ninja by speaking through Natural Language Voice Commands.
- Supports multiple currencies and languages for a localized experience.
When it comes to pricing, Invoice Ninja offers plans suitable to fulfill the needs of all kinds of businesses and individuals. Let’s have a look!
- Forever Free: at $0 per month this plan is best suitable for small businesses. The plan offers 100 clients, Unlimited Invoices, a Payment History Portal, Product Library Management, and much more.
- Ninja Pro: at $10 per month, this plan includes 10 Professional invoices, Custom URLs, Automated Emails, E-signatures, and more.
- Enterprise: at $14 per month, this plan includes features of Free and Pro plan along with Branded Client Portal links, 3rd Party File Attachments, Additional Users, and Access Permissions. Sync.
3. PayPal – Best Personal Invoice Generator
Next up on our list of the best free invoice generators – it’s PayPal. It is without a doubt the most widely used invoice generator for many small businesses and freelancers.
PayPal acts as a virtual bank and encourages globalization by supporting a seamless purchasing experience from anywhere in the world. It provides top-notch security by concealing your credit card info and also allows users to cancel payments easily.
PayPal is super easy to set up with transparent terms and pricing. You can have your account up and running instantly without having to sign any contracts.
Even more so, your clients do not need to have a PayPal account, you can send them money through email. Can it get any more convenient than this?
PayPal comes with innumerable integrations to help you connect with various platforms and marketplaces easily. The platform provides unmatched security to protect you from online fraud. PayPal boasts a following of 295 million users that continues to grow.
This innovative system has all the features to be one of the top-ranking invoice generators.
- You can send money to anyone through PayPal by just having their mail or contact number.
- Online invoicing to help freelancers and contractors get paid on time by sending out quick invoices to their clients.
- Get instant push notifications about all invoices and transactions.
- PayPal keeps your financial information secure with 24/7 transaction monitoring along with encryption, and fraud detection.
- Supports the Charge Back function to withdraw the amount after transferring it to another account.
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS.
PayPal does not charge a fee to open a PayPal account or to download the PayPal mobile app. You will only be charged if you:
- Are you a seller and your monthly sales exceed USD 3,000?
- Receive payments from outside your country or region.
- Send personal payments using a debit or credit card.
Details of the charged fees are as follows
- Standard Merchant Fees: 4% + $0.30 per transaction with no setup, monthly and cancellation fees
- Additional Merchant Services: 2% of the total with free setup.
4. Wave – Best Free Invoice Generator
You must have heard about Wave, a first-class, free cloud-based invoicing, estimate, and business accounting software. Wave is one of the most popular invoicing systems used across the world, and the platform lives up to its reputation with its unparalleled performance.
The platform is also coming up with new capacities to help users run their businesses efficiently.
Wave is the ultimate free invoice generator with a beautiful interface, robust features, and reasonable pricing. It is best suited for small businesses and freelancers but works equally well for large businesses too.
The main features of the wave include accounting, invoicing, billing, payment tracking, payroll management, and receipt scanning.
Wave does not only help you with creating professional invoices but also manages your cash flow. From an easy-to-navigate dashboard to well-integrated platforms,
Wave has everything it takes to sail your business in the right direction in terms of accounting. The best part about Wave is it’s free to use.
- The customizable invoice with built-in templates for you to present your company professionally.
- Wave integrates with different platforms like Etsy, PayPal, Zapier, and others to give you a seamless experience and keep you connected
- Automatically send invoices to customers on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis with Recurring Invoices.
- Get deep insights, and reports on profit & loss, sales, tax, and income to make informed decisions.
- Wave supports multi-business by letting you set up multiple organizations under your Wave account.
- Wave stores all your data on the cloud and automatically back it up for easy access on multiple devices.
Similar to PayPal, Wave does not charge a fee for creating an account or downloading the app on mobile. However, a small amount is charged for some related services, if you need them. The details are as follows:
- Online Credit Card Processing: it is an optional service that costs a flat 2.9% plus 30 cents per credit card transaction, or 1%, with a $1 minimum fee, for ACH bank transfers. Users do not have to sign contracts or pay a monthly fee for this service.
- Payroll Services: it is also an optional service with a cost of $20 or $35 per month plus $4 per employee or contractor.
- Wave+ Bookkeeping Services: optional service. It cost $129 per month. This service includes a dedicated bookkeeper to manage your account.
- Wave+ Accounting Coaching: optional service with one-time fees of $249. This service includes 120 minutes with a Wave bookkeeping expert, 30 days of email support, and assistance with account setup.
5. Invoice Home – Simple Invoice Generator
Invoice Home comes with the right tools to make invoicing a piece of cake for you and your business. With Invoice Home, users can create professional invoices that can be downloaded and sent as PDFs.
Considered one of the best free invoice generators, Invoice Home stands up to its reputation.
Invoice Home is quite easy to get started with because of its unique features and intuitive interface design. The application has a wide variety of invoice templates available for users to create invoices within a snap.
Customizing tools are also available for personalizing these templates as well as creating your invoice from scratch.
The platform supports four languages and can be used for over 150 currencies. Clients can pay directly from invoices through PayPal, Stripe, and Authorized.net for quick payments.
Other noteworthy features of Invoice Home are multi-taxes, automatic backups, and over 150 currencies supported by the system. To top it all, Invoice Home also has mobile apps for both Android and iOS.
- A complete record of all your financial information through automated backups is conducted regularly.
- Accept payments in different formats through online payment gateways like PayPal.
- Unlimited cloud storage to store all your invoices in one place.
- Quickly create an invoice by copying an already existing one to save time.
- PCI compliance data security standards with encrypted servers to keep all your data secure.
- Supports over 150 currency symbols and currency formats.
Invoice Home offers its basic invoice generation services for free, however, for premium features, users will have to avail of their paid plans.
- Free: free forever, this plan is best suited for small businesses with features like $1,000 worth of invoices for 30 days.
- Unlimited Invoicing: at $5/month, this plan features unlimited customers, emails, and documents with no obligatory contracts. Users can cancel the subscription anytime.
6. ZipBooks – Free Online GST Invoice Generator
ZipBooks is a free cloud-based invoicing designed for small businesses. ZipBooks was launched in 2015 but even with its late arrival industry, the platform has made its mark in the industry.
The platform features an abundance of capabilities such as time & expense tracking, invoicing, client texting, and payroll integration.
ZipBooks comes with an easier-to-navigate user interface for streamlined financial operations and increased productivity. It gives users full control of their business by helping them to have a detailed view of the organization’s financial status for informed decisions.
It checks all the boxes for being one of the best free invoice generators with its promising features and intuitive design.
The app not only helps users with finances but also provides business advice and health scores based on the given data. With ZipBooks in your hand, you will be able to make better decisions for your business.
- Record payments accurately and get detailed reports.
- With the option of adding your logo, you can customize the invoices to your needs.
- Keep track of customer payments, invoice history, and tax collection.
- It smartly suggests to you which details matter so you can tweak invoices for getting paid faster.
- ZipBooks automatically calculates the invoice based on time thus reducing the workload.
- The platform is super easy to use and takes minutes to get started.
- Regular improvements to the product and exceptional customer service.
ZipBooks offers flexible pricing plans along with a free trial on Smarter and Sophisticated. Details are as follows:
- Starter: free forever, includes unlimited invoices, unlimited vendors & customers, integration of Square and PayPal for digital payments, and the option to connect 1 bank account.
- Smarter: at $15 per month, includes scheduled recurring invoices, automated reminders, multiple bank accounts, time tracking, and 5 members team limit.
- Sophisticated: at $35 per month, includes book organization with smart tagging, categories customization, lock completed books, secure document sharing, insightful reports, and unlimited users’ invitations.
- Accountant: contact for a quote, includes co-branding of your firm, editing bulk transactions, and migration of existing accounting data.
7. Invoice Simple – Best Billing Invoice Software
Next up, we have another top-notch free online invoice generator, Invoice Simple. Launched in 2014, this platform aims to help with converting estimates into custom invoices and tracking finances.
Invoice Simple is developed by keeping in mind the invoicing requirements of small businesses. The amazing features of the platform make it possible to manage and organize finances efficiently for a streamlined workflow.
Invoice Simple has a slick and simple interface which makes it the go-to service for creating invoices. The platform pays special attention to details such as adding due dates, signatures, discounts, and photos to invoices.
With all these details your invoice is bound to look professional. Invoice Simple is capable of accepting payment in any form i.e debit or credit card, checks, and even cash.
Moreover, Invoice Simple offers mobile apps for Android and iOS so that you can keep a pulse on your business wherever you go.
All your data will be synced across devices securely for easy success. Get Invoice Simple today to create, send, and track invoices on the go and keep your finances organized.
- Create invoices and estimates instantly from anywhere with Invoice Simple mobile apps.
- Design and create professional customizable invoices with your logo and branding.
- Built-in reporting to keep track of your income and expenses.
- Save invoices and customer details for later use to save time.
- Accept and make payments through debit and credit cards, checks, and cash.
- Timely notification about invoices to keep you updated
- Free: create and send up to 3 invoices for free using Invoice Simple
- Unlimited: costs $6.99 per month for unlimited invoices on mobile. An annual subscription costs $59.99 per year.
8. Invoicely – Free Online Invoice Generator
Mobile apps not available
Invoicely is one of the more famous free online invoice generators that I found. Their website says they are helping create over 5 million invoices each month, which is quite impressive.
It was initially known as InvoiceBubble and Invoiceable. After going through some needed tweaks and improvements, it was relaunched in 2012 as Invoicely.
Since its relaunch, Invoicely has performed exceptionally well and gained the trust of over 100,000 small businesses worldwide. It’s a shame they don’t have mobile apps as yet.
Invoicely helps its users with managing and tracking invoices, estimates, and bills through a simple yet modern UI. Users can create customized invoices from scratch or use templates from the dashboard.
Even more so, the option to add logos and branding is also available. Apart from managing invoices, Invoicely also has other powerful features including time and expense tracking, recurring invoicing, and team management.
As Invoicely is cloud-based, it is effortless to set up and work with. The platform supports multi-currency usage and has exceptional report capabilities to keep you updated. To top it all, Invoicely also has a free version that aims to cater to all the basic invoicing needs of your business.
For all these reasons, Invoicely makes it to our list of the best free invoice generators this year.
- Detailed Dashboard: Invoicely’s dashboard has charts to help you visualize the important information at a glance.
- Effortless Invoicing: It lets you create professional and elegant invoices in different languages and currencies.
- Online Payments: Invoicely offers different payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, WePay, etc for seamless payments.
- Multiple Businesses: Set permission for your staff and manage clients from anywhere in the world for managing multiple businesses.
- Expense Tracking: It allows you to easily track all the expenses for keeping your financial state in check.
- Free: at $0 per month this plan includes unlimited invoices, bills in any currency, and support to multiple businesses.
- Basic: at $7.99 per month if billed annually, this plan includes 2 team members, estimates, online payments, and branding
- Professional: at $15.99 per month if billed yearly, this plan includes all features of the Basic plan along with up to 10 members, recurring statements, time tracking, and expense & mileage.
- Enterprise: at $23.99 per month if billed annually. This plan includes all features Professional with up to 25 members.
9. Invoice Quick – Quick Free Invoice Generator
Mobile apps not available
Invoice Quick is a free online invoice generator that lets you create professional invoices. The platform is best suited for small businesses and freelancers to design their invoices without any hassle.
Invoice Quick has agile features to simplify the process of invoicing for you. The platform has templates that can be customized to reflect your business. You can also design your beautiful free invoices directly from the interactive dashboard.
What makes Invoice Quick special, apart from its cool features, is its organized approach to finances. Invoice Quick lets users categorize their income and expenses and give an overview of finances on the dashboard.
The pricing of Invoice Quick is also budget-friendly. We suggest you give this online service a try for a seamless workflow. Happy invoicing!
- Keep a check on your finances by viewing month-by-month stats on an up-to-date Dashboard.
- Create customized invoices with your branding and company logo.
- Save invoice layouts as templates to be used later.
- Handle single or recurring invoices effectively with the Invoice module.
- View transactions directly from the dashboard to keep a pulse on the cash flow.
- Categorize your income and expenses with account types for easy budgeting.
- Take full control of your invoice with an interactive and slick user interface.
Pricing Plans for Invoice Quick are as follows with a 30-day free trial on Professional Plan:
- Standard: free forever, this version includes 3 customers with all features of Invoice Quick.
- Professional: at $9 per month, this plan features unlimited customers, all features, and Live chat with support.
Mobile apps not available
Lucidpress makes it to our list of the best free invoice generators this year, but it is more than that. It is a brand templating platform that helps non-designers with their design needs.
The platform is unbelievably easy to use and makes everyday invoice designing a breeze.
Lucidpress works on a drag and drops approach with a wide variety of built-in customizable templates to help users create invoices with just a few clicks. The platform features a variety of fonts and graphics to design the perfect invoice for your business.
The invoice editor is simple and skillful with diverse and comprehensive features to make your work seamless and even enjoyable.
Moreover, around 8 million people across the world use Lucidpress for editing, publishing, and designing professional documents. It is not just an invoice generator.
Lucidpress also lets users create and design business cards, wedding cards, brochures, flyers, posters, magazines, newsletters, and presentation slides. Sign up on their website to get started now!
- A powerful yet sophisticated user interface for optimal performance.
- Variety of editing features for users to customize their invoices accordingly.
- Comes with unique and powerful integrations for a smoother work experience.
- Available templates to save time and give you a head up.
- Packed with team management and collaboration features.
- Automatic data population through Data automation for an efficient and time-saving system.
Lucidpress has four different pricing plans based on the features provided. Details are as follows:
- Free: free forever, this version offers 3 documents, 3 pages per document, and stock photos & icons.
- Pro: priced as low as $10 per month, this plan includes unlimited documents, premium templates, advanced design, and basic template locking.
- Team: priced as low as $10 per month, this plan includes all features of Pro along with a minimum of 3 and basic account & identity management.
- Business: price available on a quotation basis. This plan includes all features of the Team along with advanced account & identity management and data automation.
11. Everhour – Best GST Invoice Generator
Download: iOS (Beta) | Android app not available
Everhour is another one of the better free invoice generators available online. Apart from being a nifty invoice generator, Everhour is also an efficient time-tracker and a project management solution.
Considering its comprehensive and robust functionalities, It will not be wrong to call the solution “the jack of all trades”.
A wide variety of functionalities make Everhour capable of catering to businesses of all sizes. Industries of all kinds are using Everhour to manage and track their progress.
Also, since Everhour is a web-based software, users can get started right away by signing in on the solution’s website on their browser.
The platform provides a central dashboard to users for managing payments and tasks with just a few clicks.
Apart from invoicing, some other important features of the solution are budgeting, resource planning, time tracking, and task management. But that is not all.
What makes Everhour truly stand out in the crowd, is its ability to integrate well with powerful project management tools like Asana, Trello, and Basecamp.
To top it all the platform also has an iOS app to give users a firmer grip on finances anywhere, anytime.
- Create customizable invoices by personalizing the layouts
- Save customized invoices as templates for later use
- Save time by tracking your tasks from a single platform
- Export accurate reports generated from all logged work as PDFs with embedded invoice links.
- Powerful third-party integrations for a seamless workflow.
- Track expenses and manage finances with precision and ease.
- Everhour also works as a Project Management tool for creating, managing, and tracking tasks.
- Optimize your resources for every project by managing the team’s workload.
Everhour offers two simple pricing plans mentioned as follows:
- Free: at $0, this version offers basic time tracking for small teams, 5 users, second-priority support, and all features except integrations.
- Basic: at $7 per month, this plan offers unlimited users with all features, and first-priority support, and comes with a 14-day free trial.
12. Moon Invoice – Paid Invoice Generator
Lastly, we have Moon Invoice on our list of the best free invoice generators. It is not a completely free invoice generator since it only comes with a free trial. However, Moon Invoice has some powerful invoicing features that make it deserve a spot in this roundup.
Developed to help users with generating invoices, estimates, purchase orders, and payment receipts, Moon Invoice is a one-stop shop for all your invoicing issues.
The application also offers top-notch security to keep your financial information secured.
Moreover, Moon Invoice is packed with useful features for a seamless experience. Apart from its comprehensive tools, Moon Invoice also boasts an impeccable interface that can be fully customized.
With this option, users can design invoice templates and add signatures & logos to put up a consistent front to customers.
Moon Invoice was the first app to launch iCloud sync for iOS users to have a seamless work experience. Users can manage and keep track of their invoices anywhere, with Moon Invoice Android and iOS apps, even without an internet connection.
We suggest you try this simple yet professional app for an unmatched experience!
- Monitor time spent on a client’s project with a built-in time tracker to ensure transparency.
- Back up and Restore data with one touch by syncing it across iCloud.
- Prevents double data by converting estimates into invoices while requesting payment from clients.
- Integrates well with Stripe, PayPal, Square, Apple Pay, Venmo, UPI, and others for multiple payment gateways.
- Generates Recurring invoices through expenses to save time by generating daily, monthly, or yearly invoices.
- Generate, manage, and track your invoices on the go with Moon Invoice app for both Android and iOS.
- Comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee and industry-standard security.
Moon Invoice offers four enterprise pricing plans along with a free 14-day trial for all of them.
- Lite: at $2.50 per month if billed annually. This plan offers 5 active clients, unlimited invoices, unlimited expense and time tracking, and payments from debit & credit cards.
- Bronze: at $4.15 per month if billed annually, this plan includes all features of Lite along with 25 active clients, unlimited projects & tasks, mobile, and web apps.
- Silver: at $8.33 per month this plan includes all features of lite and bronze with Unlimited Active Clients.
- Gold: at $16.67 per month, this plan includes unlimited active clients, multiple businesses, and all features of Silver.
If you are someone who relies on Excel spreadsheets and hasn’t used free invoice generators before – you are missing out on a great advantage!
We have provided you with the best billing generators, all you have to do is give the one you find the best, a try. Most of these solutions are available free of cost, and even if some of them do not have a free version, they have budget-friendly pricing!
So, try them out and let us know in the comments which is the best free invoice generator for you. Happy invoicing!
Other SaaSy goodness on All That SaaS:
- 14 Powerful Invoice Apps for Small Businesses to Consider in 2022
- 16 Awesome Slack Alternatives for Team Chat in 2022
- 16 Awesome URL Shorteners You Should Use in 2022 (Free & Paid)
- 14 Powerful Screen Recording Software in 2022
- 19 Email Clients for Maximum Email Productivity in 2022
- 30 Best To-do List Apps of 2022: Manage Your Tasks Effectively